GTK+ 2.13.1 is now available for download. This is the second development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
gtk+-2.13.1.tar.bz2 md5sum: 16f57400a352aadda4b19f95aed14d0c
gtk+-2.13.1.tar.gz md5sum: 19875a16e2b1db06ac4d0e9744f0c3a4
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.13.0 to 2.13.1
Add GtkMountOperation, a subclass of GMountOperation that can show password dialogs when mounting volumes
Add GDI+-based pixbuf loaders for bmp, emf, gif, ico, jpeg, tiff, wmf
Add support for pixmap redirection, new api includes the gtk_widget_get_snapshot() function and the GtkWidget::damage-event signal and the lower-level gdk_window_redirect_to_drawable() and gdk_window_remove_redirection() functions
Add gtk_show_uri(), a replacement for gnome_vfs_url_show() and gnome_url_show()
Add a “changed” signal to GtkCellRendererCombo
Sync keysyms and compose sequences with recent X.org
- – supports custom stock icons
- – supports Pango attributes in labels
Filechooser autocompletion has been reworked
The cups print backend displays printer status information
On OS X, accelerators are displayed using Unicode characters, matching the native behaviour
GtkIconTheme and GtkImage support GIcon
Bugs fixed: too many to list here. For the complete list, go to
- – uses GIO to monitor .recently-used.xbel
- – limits the growth of .recently-used.xbel with a gtk-recent-files-max-age setting
GLib 2.17.0 is now available for download. This is the first development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
glib-2.17.0.tar.bz2 md5sum: 03da0783697df2db187c76d1534b3d93
glib-2.17.0.tar.gz md5sum: b86660c1b7fa481f6b21bfba2e3ba2eb
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.16.x to GLib 2.17.0
- Update to Unicode 5.1
- Update included libcharset to the one shipped with libiconv 0.12
- Update included PCRE to 7.7
- Enforce that only toplevel headers are directly included. This is turned on by default for GObject and GIO. To turn it on for GLib, define G_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES.
- Fix library version of GIO. GLib 2.16 shipped with libgio-2.0.so.0.0.0
- On Solaris, use FEN for file monitoring in GIO
- Use the GIO_EXTRA_MODULES environment variable to find additional GIO modules
- G_GNUC_ALLOC_SIZE: New macro that wraps the gcc alloc_size function attribute
- g_checksum_reset: New function to reset the state of a GChecksum
- g_unix_mount_monitor_set_rate_limit: New function to limit the rate at which events are reported
- g_file_query_file_type: New utility function to query the type of a file
- g_memory_output_stream_get_data_size: New function to obtain the size of the written data.
Jan Bodnar has published a tutorial for people interested in starting out with GTK+, describing the most common widgets you need to know when you write an application.
You can also find the link in the tutorials section on the GTK+ website together with other GTK+ tutorials.
Jan has also published a tutorial on Cairo that’s worth checking out.