This is the fifth development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.17.3 to GLib 2.17.4
- New API to handle content types: g_mount_guess_content_type, g_content_type_guess_for_tree
- Export the eject-button signal on the volume monitor class
- New API to enable out-of-process volume monitors: g_volume_get_activation_root
- New API to handle signals without slots in the class structure: g_signal_new_class_handler, g_signal_override_class_handler
- Add an NC_ macro that is a no-op equivalent of C_
- Add two new functions g_markup_parse_context_push, g_markup_parse_context_pop to support “subparsers”
23 bugs fixed in this release!