This is the first development release leading up to GLib 2.22.
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.20.x
- New helper functions g_cancellable_connect/disconnect to avoid race conditions when connecting to the “cancelled” signal on GCancellable.
- New types and methods for dealing with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (and UNIX domain socket addresses under UNIX). This does not include code for actual socket I/O.
- GResolver provides asynchronous and cancellable APIs for resolving hostnames, reverse lookup of IP addresses and resolving SRV records.
- Glib now provides hash and comparison functions for int64 and double types, suitable for use with GHashTable.
- GArray, GPtrArray and GByteArray can be ref counted now, and have boxed types.
14 bugs fixed in this release!
See the original announcement for more info and downloads.