This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.18.
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.17.1
- GtkInfoBar: A new widget to show a transient ‘message area’ inside a content pane. The API is similar to GtkDialog and supports theming for different message types (warnings, errors, etc)
- Improve path bar by ellipsizing long names and preventing vertical size changes
- Backup files are now hidden by default
- GTK+ remembers the file chooser sorting state now
- GtkButtonBox: Implements the GtkOrientable interface now.
- Printing: GTK+ supports printing an application-defined ‘selection’ now, in addition to usual page ranges.
Changes that are relevant for theme authors:
- The new GtkInfoBar widget uses symbolic colors for theming its background color depending on the message type. By default, it uses the same background color as tooltips. This can be turned off with style property.
- The GTK+ file chooser (as well as nautilus and other users of GIO icon information) can now show different icons for xdg user dirs. The icon names are folder-documents, folder-download, folder-music, folder-pictures, folder-publicshare, folder-templates, folder-videos, with an automatic fallback to the standard folder icon.
27 bugs fixed in this release!
See the original announcement for more info and downloads.