This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.18.
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.17.2
- GtkFileChooser: Shows the size column by default now
- GtkStatusIcon: Has a title property, which can be used by ATs when they read status icons
- The default theme now includes color definitions for infobars
- The ::use-tooltip-style style property has been removed
- GtkMountOperation now supports interaction during unmount operations.
- The client-side windows branch has been merged; GDK now maintains its own window hierarchy client-side, and only uses X windows where unavoidable. Some of the benefits of this change are
- Reduced flicker
- The ability to do transformed and animated rendering of widgets
- Easier embedding of GTK+ widgets e.g. into Clutter scene graphs
This is a fundamental change to the way GDK works, so watch out for regressions.
12 bugs fixed in this release!
See the original announcement for more info and downloads.