In this last week, the master branch of GTK+ has seen 167 commits, with 8048 lines added and 6858 lines removed.
Planning and status
- The GTK+ road map is available on the wiki.
On the master branch:
- The default value of the
GtkFileChooser:local-onlyproperty is now FALSE, which means that file selections dialogs will automatically show non-local resources.
- Benjamin Otte introduced the
GtkSnapshotAPI, which works as a
GskRenderNodebuilder for widgets, and aims to replace the immediate mode
gtk_render_*family of functions.
- Benjamin also changed the
GtkDrawingAreaAPI, which now works using an explicit callback function, instead of a the generic
- Finally, Benjamin has implemented support for 3D CSS transformations in GTK+.
- The GDK API to read back the contents of a
GdkPixbufhave been removed, as their behavior and result are platform-dependent.
- Matthias Clasen updated the GTK+ 3.x → 4.x porting guide, and the API reference, with the newest API additions.
- Simon Steinbeiss updated the CSS styling for
GtkProgressbarto add the
fullclasses when the progress is set to 0.0 or 1.0, respectively.
- 774475 – wayland: gtk+ prevents using subsurfaces if the parent is not root
- 774476 – surfaces with no outputs get scale factor reset
- 774634 – GtkPlacesView does not unref all GDaemonFileEnumerator it references
- 773007 – GtkFilechooser gives completion for non-matching extensions
- 774609 – small fix to foreign drawing spinbutton demo
- 773587 – [PATCH] recent-manager: Add a limit to the list’s size
- 774352 – GtkAppChooserWidget does not unref all GAppInfo it references
- 774347 – Fails to build: unknown type name GdkColor
- 773601 – Display size detected as 0x0 pixels when RANDR is not available
- 774614 – Wrong #include in Print docs
Interested in working on GTK+? Look at the list of bugs for newcomers and join the IRC channel #gtk+ on irc.gnome.org.