In this last week, the master branch of GTK+ has seen 65 commits, with 1780 lines added and 2429 lines removed.
Planning and status
- A GTK+ hackfest is planned for March 2017; the main topic is going to be improving performance, especially with regards with rendering
- Benjamin Otte is reworking the GL renderer for GSK to ensure it’s well integrated into the GDK rendering
- Additionally, Benjamin is also working on an experimental Vulkan-based renderer for GSK
- Timm Bäder is changing the GtkWidget and GtkContainer API to converge the two classes into a single scene graph
- The GTK+ road map is available on the wiki.
On the master branch:
- Matthias Clasen changed GTK to exit cleanly when it loses the display connection under X11 and Wayland; this change has also been backported to the stable gtk-3-22 branch
- Timm Bäder cleaned up various widgets to consistently use
gtk_widget_measure()when measuring the size of their children
- Daniel Boles fixed a bug in
GtkComboBoxthat caused a warning in Debian-based distribution that applied a downstream patch; see bug 771242 for more information; this change has also been backported to the stable gtk-3-22 branch
On the gtk-3-22 stable branch:
- Lapo Calamandrei backported the
GtkProgressbartheme fixes for correctly identifying empty and full states
- 774915 – [Wayland]: Destroying the parent of a subsurface causes _gdk_window_destroy_hierarchy: assertion failed
- 771242 – 3.21: opening menu for certain types of GtkComboBox causes Gdk-CRITICAL assertion ‘GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)’ failed
- 775410 – gsk/Makefile.am runs g-ir-scanner before libgsk-4.la is linked
- 775319 – [Wayland]: gdk_window_get_toplevel() fails to return the toplevel of a child subsurface
- 775316 – gtk_drag_source_set_icon_pixbuf references the pixbuf received once too much
- 775212 – GtkScaleButton does not unref all GtkAdjustment it references
- 775525 – gtk_flow_box_get_child_at_index shouldn’t crash with an invalid index
Interested in working on GTK+? Look at the list of bugs for newcomers and join the IRC channel #gtk+ on irc.gnome.org.