In this last week, the master branch of GTK+ has seen 103 commits, with 5986 lines added and 1896 lines removed.
Planning and status
- Benjamin Otte is working on a refactoring of the GSK render node API
- Emmanuele Bassi worked on a 3.x-specific branch that allows GDK to use EGL instead of GLX on X11 platforms
- The GTK+ road map is available on the wiki.
On the master branch:
- Benjamin merged the Vulkan renderer for GSK, as comparison point for the GL and Cairo renderers. The Vulkan renderer adds a new optional dependency on a working Vulkan implementation, as well as
- The Vulkan renderer also resulted in a large refactoring of the GL drawing code inside GDK, though this should not have caused any user-visible changes in the API
- Benjamin also implemented support for the CSS
border-spacingproperty following the CSS 2.1 specification
On the gtk-3-22 stable branch:
- Matthias released GTK+ 3.22.5.
- 775651 – GdkX11-4.0.gir, GdkWin32-4.0.gir, and Gsk-4.0.gir are generated before Gdk-4.0.gir is ready
Interested in working on GTK+? Look at the list of bugs for newcomers and join the IRC channel #gtk+ on irc.gnome.org.