In this last week, the master branch of GTK+ has seen 20 commits, with 883 lines added and 2740 lines removed.
Planning and status
- Alex Larsson worked on a simplification of GdkWindow that removed native and foreign child windows; the long term plan is to have native windowing system surfaces only for top levels
- Alex also sent a review on gtk-devel-list of Benjamin’s wip/otte/rendernode branch, with ideas on future work for the GSK rendering API
- Chun-wei Fan updated the Windows backend to ensure that it continues to build and work on the master branch
- Benjamin Otte implemented the
snapshot()virtual function in more
- The GTK+ road map is available on the wiki.
On the master branch:
- Olivier Fourdan updated the Wayland backend to ensure that empty input shapes are updated on sub-surfaces when needed; this allows other toolkits, like Clutter, to use the GDK sub-surface API
- Alex Larsson removed
gdk_window_reparent()from the GDK API, since it’s unused and allows for the goal of only having top level GDK windows
- Benjamin Otte removed the ad hoc code from
GdkCellViewto modify its background, as the cell view can use CSS to achieve the same (or better) results
- Benjamin also removed the
bordernode from the
GtkFrameCSS nodes, as it performed additional immediate mode clipping that complicates the rendering
On the gtk-3-22 stable branch:
- Emmanuele pushed fixes for the GL rendering when using
GtkGLAreawith OpenGL ES 2.0 implementations that are missing the
- 776132 – Mention the difference between gdk_window_create_similar_image_surface and cairo_surface_create_similar_image
- 774534 – [wayland] input shape and opaque region not applied without begin_paint()/end_paint()
Interested in working on GTK+? Look at the list of bugs for newcomers and join the IRC channel #gtk+ on irc.gnome.org.