As we often do, a few members of the GTK team and the wider GNOME community came together for a two-day hackfest before FOSDEM.
This year, we were aiming to make progress on the topics of accessibility and input. Here is a quick summary of what we’ve achieved.
- We agreed to merge the socket implementation for webkit accessiblity that Georges wrote
- We agreed that the accessible notification api that Lukáš suggested is fine
- We finished the GtkAccessibleText interface and moved our internal implementations over to that interface
- We discussed the possibility of an a11y backend based on AccessKit
- Carlos reviewed the merge request for passing unhandled events back to the system (on macOS)
- We looked over the remnants of X11-style timestamps in our input apis and decided to provide alternatives taking an event
- Carlos started to turn the private gtk-shell protocol into separate protocols
Thanks to the GNOME foundation for supporting this event. ❤️