This is the sixth development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
Changes from GTK+ 2.13.4 to 2.13.5
– Use GIO for mime type sniffing when possible
– Handle paused printers and printers that don’t accept jobs
– Support building parts of the XML tree with the new functions
29 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the fifth development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.13.3 to 2.13.4
- Merge the GSEAL branch (see http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/3.0/Tasks)
- GtkScaleButton has an orientation property
40 bugs fixed in this release!
This is a bug fix release in the 2.12 series.
9 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the fourth third development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
gtk+-2.13.3.tar.bz2 md5sum: 4191b1f3d6239424556ebf2a92250ef6
gtk+-2.13.3.tar.gz md5sum: 6c2912e63dd491302f01026cc8130415
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.13.2 to 2.13.3
- Support runtime font configuration changes
- Use GIO for mime information
- Use GIO directly for the file chooser, do not load filesystem implementation modules. This change causes some regressions on Win32, which will be addressed by improved Win32 support in GIO.
- GTK+ no longer uses translations when the application is not translated to the current locale
20 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the third development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
gtk+-2.13.2.tar.bz2 md5sum: 2db81ad8485e84d7a3c297fcfdf173bb
gtk+-2.13.2.tar.gz md5sum: 57b57fa871734b7e727ebf4a65d7df83
Changes from GTK+ 2.13.1 to 2.13.2
- Fix an oversight in the header cleanup that went into 2.13.1, which removed gtkmarshal.h from the set of headers pulled in by gtk.h
- Add a function to retrieve the XID of a status icon, to allow notification bubbles to follow the icon
8 bugs fixed in this release.
GTK+ 2.13.1 is now available for download. This is the second development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
gtk+-2.13.1.tar.bz2 md5sum: 16f57400a352aadda4b19f95aed14d0c
gtk+-2.13.1.tar.gz md5sum: 19875a16e2b1db06ac4d0e9744f0c3a4
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.13.0 to 2.13.1
Add GtkMountOperation, a subclass of GMountOperation that can show password dialogs when mounting volumes
Add GDI+-based pixbuf loaders for bmp, emf, gif, ico, jpeg, tiff, wmf
Add support for pixmap redirection, new api includes the gtk_widget_get_snapshot() function and the GtkWidget::damage-event signal and the lower-level gdk_window_redirect_to_drawable() and gdk_window_remove_redirection() functions
Add gtk_show_uri(), a replacement for gnome_vfs_url_show() and gnome_url_show()
Add a “changed” signal to GtkCellRendererCombo
Sync keysyms and compose sequences with recent X.org
- – supports custom stock icons
- – supports Pango attributes in labels
Filechooser autocompletion has been reworked
The cups print backend displays printer status information
On OS X, accelerators are displayed using Unicode characters, matching the native behaviour
GtkIconTheme and GtkImage support GIcon
Bugs fixed: too many to list here. For the complete list, go to
- – uses GIO to monitor .recently-used.xbel
- – limits the growth of .recently-used.xbel with a gtk-recent-files-max-age setting
Jan Bodnar has published a tutorial for people interested in starting out with GTK+, describing the most common widgets you need to know when you write an application.
You can also find the link in the tutorials section on the GTK+ website together with other GTK+ tutorials.
Jan has also published a tutorial on Cairo that’s worth checking out.
Since updating gtk.org I have had a number of comments and one in particular asked for an RSS they could follow with information and news about GTK+. So, this blog has been set up to do just that.
If there is anyone here that wishes to be added to be able to blog about new and cool things in GTK+, let me know, and I will add you. So far it is just me and soon to be andreas.