This is the first development release leading up to GLib 2.20.
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.18.1 to GLib 2.19.0
- Rewrite GHashTable to use open addressing with quadratic probing instead of chaining. This has the potential to reduce memory fragmentation significantly, while being slightly faster due to better locality and no need to call alloc/free functions for nodes. Benchmarks suggest it also uses less memory overall.
- Make g_poll available as public api
- New macros g_assert_error and g_assert_no_error to assert that a GError is set or unset
- g_cancellable_make_pollfd: New method to make a GPollFD for a cancellable
- g_app_info_can_delete, g_app_info_delete, g_app_info_reset_type_associations: New functions to clean up app infos and content types
- When launching applications, always pass fuse file:// uris when possible, and let gio convert such uris back to gio uris.
33 bugs fixed in this release!
Read the original announcement for more info and downloads.
This is another development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
22 bugs fixed in this release!
This is another development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.17.6
- More fixes for 64-bit Windows
- GIO: Add a vfs implementation for HTTP and HTTPS URIs on Windows
15 bugs fixed in this release!
Pango-1.21.4 is now available for download
Overview changes from 1.21.3
- Use cairo_show_text_glyphs() if target cairo surface supports that. This is done by adding a new PangoRenderer method, draw_glyph_item(). Custom PangoRenderer implementations that delegate to pango_cairo may want to implement this method if they target PDF files.
- Requires cairo >= 1.7.4 now
- Win32 build improvements
- Justify lines broken by U+2028 LINE SEPARATOR
- Various small fixes and improvements
- New API additions. You can read more about them in the original announcement.
11 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the seventh development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.13.5
- Fix problems on 64-bit Windows
- Fix a long-standing, well-known problem with the handling of insensitive buttons, bug 56070
- Fallback to Xinerama if the Xrandr implementation is just a stub
- gdk_threads_add_timeout_seconds[_full]: New functions with second-granularity to complete the set of gdk_threads_ timeout functions
- Support rendering icons with emblems specified as GEmblemedIcon
- GtkFileChooser has a GFile-oriented API now, functions for creating filechoosers with specific backends have been deprecated, since GIO is used directly.
- GtkAdjustment has been sealed, adding getters and setters for all struct fields.
30 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the sixth development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
Changes from GLib 2.17.4
Fix problems on 64-bit Windows:
– g_markup_context_get_user_data: New function to access the user_data outside of callbacks
– g_mount_guess_content_type_sync: synchronous version of g_mount_guess_content_type
– GEmblem: A GIcon implementation that adds emblem-related metadata to icons
– GEmblemedIcon: A GIcon implementation that can add emblems to icons
14 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the sixth development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
Changes from GTK+ 2.13.4 to 2.13.5
– Use GIO for mime type sniffing when possible
– Handle paused printers and printers that don’t accept jobs
– Support building parts of the XML tree with the new functions
29 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the fifth development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.17.3 to GLib 2.17.4
- New API to handle content types: g_mount_guess_content_type, g_content_type_guess_for_tree
- Export the eject-button signal on the volume monitor class
- New API to enable out-of-process volume monitors: g_volume_get_activation_root
- New API to handle signals without slots in the class structure: g_signal_new_class_handler, g_signal_override_class_handler
- Add an NC_ macro that is a no-op equivalent of C_
- Add two new functions g_markup_parse_context_push, g_markup_parse_context_pop to support “subparsers”
23 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the fifth development release leading up to GTK+ 2.14.
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.13.3 to 2.13.4
- Merge the GSEAL branch (see http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/3.0/Tasks)
- GtkScaleButton has an orientation property
40 bugs fixed in this release!
This is the fourth development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
26 bugs fixed in this release!