After quite a long break around the GNOME 3.24 release, we’re finally back. Sorry for the wait!
In this last week, the master branch of GTK+ has seen 103 commits, with 2355 lines added and 5482 lines removed.
Planning and status
- The GTK+ road map is available on the wiki.
- Matthias Clasen released GTK+ 3.91.0, the first snapshot of the development cycle that will lead to the 3.92 release. This is still part of the development cycle towards the API stable 4.0.
- Timm Bäder is working on his
drawingbranch which aims to replace all the internal uses of CSS gadgets with real widgets. See this article on this blog for more information.
On the master branch:
- Carlos Garnacho merged his
event-deliverybranch, which moves the event handling from the GDK window hierarchy to the GTK widget one; this is the first step towards the removal of all
GdkWindowinstances outside of the top level one, and which will ultimately lead to improved input handling.
- 745289 – wayland: do not use g_error() on connection errors
Interested in working on GTK+? Look at the list of bugs for newcomers and join the IRC channel #gtk+ on irc.gnome.org.