In this last week, GTK+ has seen 90 commits, with 8502 lines added and 7914 lines removed.
Planning and Status
- Matthias Clasen updated the GTK+ road map entry for a “tab strip”
GtkStackcontroller widget with his prototype branch.
- Matthias Clasen and Lapo Calamandrei commited some CSS changes to
GtkScalethat were required in order to cover all possible cases of marks on all sides. Additionally, the value node
GtkScaleuses when it displays a value was missing from the documentation, and has now been added.
- Debarshi Ray fixed some allocation issues with
GtkScrolledWindowdiscovered while working on libvte.
- Matthias Clasen added two new cursor names,
no-drop, to the list of CSS cursor names supported by GTK; the cursors are provided by Adwaita.
- Matthew Waters fixed GDK to use the thread-safe Wayland dispatch API; this is especially useful in case multiple threads are polling the Wayland file descriptor.
- Olivier Fourdan worked on allowing the Wayland backend to try and return sensible values when asking GDK on which monitor a window is displayed; this is still a work in progress, and may require protocol extensions to avoid guesswork that can lead to false positives.
- Ondrej Holy worked on GIO, GVFS, and GTK+ to ensure that cold-plugged drives would be appropriately detected as removable in the side bar for the file selection dialog.
- Javier Jardón finally updated GTK+ to use upstream gettext, instead of the macro and build files modified by GLib.
- Bug 373745 – Do not use AM_GLIB_DEFINE_LOCALEDIR(GTK_LOCALEDIR) and use gettext instead
- Bug 766405 – Stack shows incorrect frame in widget factory on wayland
- Bug 763852 – gdk/wayland: event source is not multi-thread aware
- Bug 766314 – Spurious leave-notify event after touch up
- Bug 766442 – Broken drag & drop between windows
- Bug 766440 – Scale slider button has stopped discerning & rendering appropriately for scales with vs without marks
- Bug 766566 – Wayland: gdk_screen_get_monitor_at_window() unreliable under Wayland
- Bug 766336 – Crash when selecting rows with rubberbanding
- Bug 765924 – Improve external drives detection
- Bug 766642 – Switches in HeaderBars Are Badly Integrated
- Bug 766737 – stack: Only map children when necessary
- Bug 766323 – GTKPopover gives warnings if visible when reparented
- Bug 766782 – OpenGL in broadway leads to segmentation fault
Interested in working on GTK+? Look at the list of bugs for newcomers and join the IRC channel #gtk+ on irc.gnome.org.